- Event: Atlantic Salmon fishing on the Sand Hill River in Labrador
- Date: June 24th-July 2nd 2013, July 29th-August 5th
- Cost: $4,500
- Location: Sandhill River in Labrador Canada
Sea run Atlantic Salmon fishing adventure of a lifetime. You’ll be flying in to the remote location on the Sand Hill River in southeastern Labrador. And there, you’ll not only be drifting Blue Charms on a riffle hitch to salmon, but there’s also the native Brook Trout to consider. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel up-river to the Lodge’s wilderness cabin below Ricketts Pool on the NW Branch of the Sand Hill River. This is the ideal place where you can hook into hard fighting Sea Trout, coming in at four to seven pounds.
The beauty of this trip is its flexibility due, in part, to the great location of the lodge and the numerous fishing options in the area. Basically, the meal times are set but the fishing is up to you. There is an 8 rod maximum for this trip and there will be a guide for every 2. A typical day could include:
- If you are and early riser, you might fish before breakfast in one of the best late season pools- which happens to be right in front of the lodge
- Meet for breakfast at 7.30am
- Get on the river for a morning of fishing
- Meet at the lodge for a Noon lunch (or choose to stay out on the river by arranging for a packed lunch)
- Fish the afternoon
- Meet back at the lodge for dinner
Obviously the target species is Atlantic Salmon but keep in mind that there are plenty of Brook Trout ranging from 1.5 to 5 pounds in the area. You may even choose to stay one night at an outpost (which is on another local river) and fish for these beefy sea-run slabs~
This trip runs from Monday, June 24th 2013 through Monday, July 2nd 2013. Stay tuned or call the shop for more information on specific dates.
Our goal, for trips such as this one, is to keep the cost low and to make everything as convenient as possible for our customers. The cost for this trip is $4,500 Checks can be made out to Sand Hill River Lodge and are due here at The Fly Rod Shop by Friday, June 15th.
- 7 nights of lodging at Sand Hill River Lodge
- Meals at Sand Hill Lodge
- Float Plane expense to and from Goose Bay
What’s not included:
- Transportation to Montreal (Carpool from Stowe, VT available)
- **Roundtrip airfare from Montreal to Goose Bay (has been fluctuating between $795 and $1025 USD). Participants are required to make their own flight reservations from Montreal to Goose Bay. We recommend using Provincial Air for a 7am departure time.
- Any associated lodging (Outside of Sand Hill such as Montreal and Goose Bay)
- Meals outside of Sand Hill Lodge
- Guide Gratuities ($300)
- Alcohol (must be brought in)
- Gear (Waders, Boots, Rod, Reel…)
What to Bring:
Anglers on this trip need to provide their own equipment. (Some equipment is available first come first serve through The Fly Rod Shop) Some recommendations are below and a more specific gear list will be provided once your deposit is received.
- Rod (9’ 7-9wt)
- Plenty of Leader & Tippet
- Wading staff
- Clothing and accessories for sun, rain and temperatures ranging from 30-90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Head Net/Bug Spray