Drift Boat Trips/River Pontoons
Join us on a scenic drift boat trip down Vermont’s Lamoille, Winooski or one of our other secret drift boat locations. During your float experience you can expect to target rainbow trout, brown trout, and an occasional brook trout on most of these river adventures. Our adventures are for the fly fisher, but these trips also can accommodate those interested in a great spin fishing experience.
Our sixteen and a half foot long Hyde Drift Boats can accommodate one or two anglers per float. You’ll be accompanied by one of our experienced guides who can provide you with instruction and the hottest fly patterns or spin fishing lures to put you into the best chances of catching your lunker fish.
Our drift boat trips begin in May and run through the end of October, however, water flow plays a critical role in this adventure. So July and August months are typically booked based on water conditions. If conditions do not permit a drift, for those still interested in a mid-summer experience, we have several small ponds and lakes within a short drive of the Fly Rod Shop to guarantee you an opportunity to still get out on the water. Mid-summer bass/pike fishing is one of our local best kept secrets. Don’t hesitate in booking this trip. We only run two boats per day so reservations fill up fast!
|Half Day (4 hours)||50% of trip cost||
$350 for 2 people max.
|Full Day (8 hours)||50% of trip cost||
$450 for 2 people max.
* By Reservation only
Call to reserve space - 802-253-7346
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Water and snacks
- Rain gear(if applicable)
- Insect repellent
Tipping your guide:Guiding is hard work. It’s our goal is to give you a safe, fun and educational experience that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve enjoyed your trip, tipping 15% -20% (or whatever you deem acceptable) is encouraged. Let them know how much fun you had!
At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency situation should arise.
- All equipment, gear, flies or bait are provided. Clients must provide their own transportation for this trip.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 14. Children under the age of 14 must wear a life preserver.
- Costs do not include gratuities or a Vermont Fishing License. (A Vermont Fishing License is available for purchase at the Fly Rod Shop or by clicking here.)
Cancellation Policy: The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 7 days of trip. We fish rain or shine. Occasionally, due to an unforeseen situation and/or safety concerns, we may cancel a trip. If this happens (and it’s rare it does) we will attempt to re-book with you on a date that is agreeable to both parties or refund your deposit.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.