Join Bob and The Fly Rod Shop for a once in a lifetime fishing trip to the Sandhill River Lodge in Labrador to target one of the most sought after species on a fly, Atlantic Salmon. These ocean run fish enter rivers in early June and spend their summers in the rivers prepping for the late Summer/Early Fall Spawn. Along with Salmon you may stumble across enormous Brook trout, Char and the possibility of an ocean run Brown is always there too! Spend the mornings and afternoons fishing with a local guide and spend mid day and the evenings with Bob covering everything from fly selection, fishing the riffle hitched dry fly, to building leaders and managing fly line! This trip runs from June 24th to July 3rd and does include two days of travel time. Guests must fly into Goose Bay, where you will be picked up by a float plane. The Cost of the trip is $4,795.00 This includes Float Plane Ride, Lodging at the Sandhill River Lodge, meals and guiding/instruction. Not included is a $300 tip for the Sandhill River Lodge Guides as well as 1 night of lodging and dinner on either end of the trip at the Northern Light Motel in Goose Bay.
For more info regarding this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dates Available||Total Cost|
|June 24th-July 3rd||$4,795.00 per client|
Fishing Licenses: Labrador Fishing license and Salmon tags required (Included in cost)
What to bring: Weather can be unpredictable so make sure to bring:
- Warm wicking clothing for layering
- Rain Jacket
- Waders/boots (studded felt or rubber-rocks are slippery!)
- Wading Staff
- 6-9 weight fly rod/reel Single handed or double handed, have reels with good drags!
- Brimmed Hat
- Polarized Sunglasses (Multiple Pairs)
- Casual clothes (for at lodge)
- We highly recommend waterproof suitcases to ensure your clothing stays dry coming in and out of the camp
- Flies: Classic Salmon Flies in #4-#10, Bomber Style Dries and even big bushy dries like Stimulators and Hoppers, Streamers for Brook Trout as well. Single Hook Points only and all flies must be barbless
- Leader/Tippet: Maxima 6lb-20lb
Tipping of your guides:
Each client should bring $300 to pool together at the end of the trip for your guides.
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.