Our latest new addition to our guiding fleet is our AlumaCraft Trophy 205 fishing machine! Our fully equipped fishing vessel is ideal for fly fishing, spin casting, or trolling away your morning, afternoon , or evening
Our guides will take you to one of Vermont’s pristine lakes within 45 minutes or less of the Fly Rod Shop. Target species for these adventures include lake trout, salmon, small mouth bass, large mouth bass, pickerel, pike, or even a variety of pan fish for the young anglers in your fishing party.
|May, 2018 – Oct., 2018||Times||Cost|
|Daily*||4 hour trip||1-3 people $375 / 4 people $425|
* By Reservation only.
** Six persons can be accommodated per time slot. The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to fill the boat.
- All Guides will be required to wear face covering and gloves at all times.
- All clients will be required to wear a face covering and gloves. Face coverings are for sale at the Fly Rod Shop if clients would like to purchase them before the trip. Vinyl Gloves (S, M, L, XL) will also be available for clients.
- Clients will be required to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver prior to the start of the program.
- All Fishing gear (boots, waders, fly rod, flies, etc.) are provided for fishing trips. All waders and boots are washed and cleaned after every use. Waders are sun dried as a precaution to COVID-19. Fly Rods will also be washed after each use.
- Clients are responsible for transportation to the Fly Rod Shop and to the fishing location. THE FLY ROD SHOP WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION.
- Clients are required to have a fishing license. Licenses can be purchased at the Fly Rod Shop or online at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife website. Clients must have a valid fishing license on their person during their fishing trip.
- All Guides and Fly Rod Shop Staff have completed the COVID-19 training offered by the State of Vermont as well as First Aid/CPR certified.
- All programs will be privatized. No additional groups will be added to programs due to COVID-19 precautions.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing, Hat
- Water and snacks
- Rain gear(if applicable)
- Insect repellant
Tipping your guide:
Guiding is hard work. It’s our goal is to give you a safe, fun and educational experience that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve enjoyed your trip, tipping 15% -20% (or whatever you deem acceptable) is encouraged. Let them know how much fun you had!
At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency
Transportation to Waterbury Reservoir and other surrounding lakes in our region can be provided by The Fly Rod Shop upon request. Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early. An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 7 days of trip. We fish rain or shine. Occasionally, due to an unforeseen situation and/or safety concerns, we may cancel a trip. If this happens (and it’s rare it does) we will attempt to re-book with you on a date that is agreeable to both parties or refund your deposit.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.