4th Annual Vermont Fly Fishing Show
Date: September 8th 9am-4pm
Location: The Fly Rod Shop, Stowe, VT
Be sure to make it to The Fly Rod Shop’s 4th Annual VT Fly Fishing Show Located here at the shop in Stowe, Vermont!! This event is totally free and there will be tons of things going on!
Check out all of the manufacturers tents to see what’s hot and new in the fly fishing world. Demo rods from Sage, Redington, Douglas and others! Scope out the lineup of waders, packs and other great gear from Simms, SA and Redington. We’ll also have the owner of 3-Tand, owner of Regal and other company representatives to answer questions and give you the low down on their products! TU will also be there along with local artist Sam Aronson and local woodworker Erik Bauer! And most importantly, there will be Beer thanks to Simms Fishing Products!!!!!!
- Free Casting Clinic from 9am-10:30ish (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up-All Gear Provided)
- Free on river European Nymphing Demo (11:30am-12:30pm) (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up)
- Free on river Streamer fishing Demo (2:00pm-3pm) (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up)
During the European Nymphing and Streamer Demo ride with us down to the local river and learn some of the tactics we use while guiding and fishing on our own to put more fish in the net. John Conrad; a seasoned guide of 30plus years will focus Euro (tighten nymphing) techniques, discuss gear when to use and how to rig for this effective and popular method of nymphing! Learn about streamer fishing and how it can be so effective, different line management tactics to accelerate or decelerate the speed of your fly along with rigging tricks and gear! These two methods help us put a lot of fish and some really big ones in the net. No gear necessary, these are demos, bring a note pad though!!!!
Companies that will be present:
- 3-Tand (Ron Poehailos-Owner)
- Simms, Lamson, Scientific Anglers (Justin Sterner)
- Rio, Sage and Redington (Brad Gage)
- Finn Utility (Ryan McDonald-Owner)
- Douglas Outdoors
- Sam Aronson (Local Artist)
- Erik Bauer (Local Woodworker)
- American Museum of Fly Fishing
- Trout Unlimited
- Tom Stickney of Sunny Brook nets