5th Annual Vermont Fly Fishing Show
Date: September 14th 9am-4pm
Location: The Fly Rod Shop, Stowe, VT
Beer Sponsored by Simms and Justin Sterner!!!
Be sure to make it to The Fly Rod Shop’s 5th Annual VT Fly Fishing Show Located here at the shop in Stowe, Vermont!! This event is totally free and there will be tons of things going on!
- Free Casting Clinic from 9am-10:30ish (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up-All Gear Provided)
- Free on river Dry Fly Demo (11:30am-12:30pm) (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up)
- Vermont Trout Streams: A Fly Angler’s Guide to the Best Presentation with Bob and Peter (1pm-2pm)
- Free on river Nymphing and Streamer Fishing Demo (2:00pm-3pm) (Please Call Ahead to Sign Up)
Free Casting Clinic:
Looking to get introduced to fly fishing? Or just looking to brush up on your casting? This is the program for you. Done at The Fly Rod Shop pond this class will teach you proper casting mechanics as well as tons of other useful info. All gear provided by The Fly Rod Shop; please call to sign up. (802)-253-7346
Free on river Dry Fly Demo:
Want to step up your dry fly game? Sign up for this ON-RIVER Demo from 11:30am-12:30pm. Transportation provided to and from The Fly Rod Shop. In this demo we will show you different methods of dry fly fishing, different presentations and some of the gear that helps you fish better. No gear required-bring a note book!!
Free on river Nymphing and Streamer Demo:
Fishing sub-surface flies can be intimidating, primairly due to the lack of the visual component. In this demo, which runs from 2pm-3pm learn the ins and outs of several different nymphing methods as well as streamer methods. In this we’ll go over rigging, rod selection, why different methods can all be beneficial and how to fish them. Transportation provided to and from The Fly Rod Shop. . No gear required-bring a note book!!
Companies that will be present:
- Simms, Lamson, Scientific Anglers (Justin Sterner)
- Rio, Sage and Redington
- Finn Utility (Ryan McDonald-Owner)
- Douglas Outdoors
- Sam Aronson (Local Artist)
- Trout Unlimited
- Tom Stickney of Sunny Brook nets