2 Hour Private Casting Clinics
For those of you that may want to go to the next level, but are still not comfortable with heading for the river on your own, The Fly Rod Shop provides the opportunity for a two (2) hour private lesson here on our pond. This lesson will be tailor made to your needs and is taught by one of our experienced guides. It can be booked in addition to our Free Casting Clinic or a separate, in-depth class
|May to October*||Times||Cost|
|By Reservation||By Reservation||
$99 for first person
$45 for each additional person
- All Guides will be required to wear face covering and gloves at all times.
- All clients will be required to wear a face covering and gloves. Face coverings are for sale at the Fly Rod Shop if clients would like to purchase them before the trip. Vinyl Gloves (S, M, L, XL) will also be available for clients.
- Clients will be required to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver prior to the start of the program.
- All Fishing gear (boots, waders, fly rod, flies, etc.) are provided for fishing trips. All waders and boots are washed and cleaned after every use. Waders are sun dried as a precaution to COVID-19. Fly Rods will also be washed after each use.
- Clients are responsible for transportation to the Fly Rod Shop and to the fishing location. THE FLY ROD SHOP WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION.
- Clients are required to have a fishing license. Licenses can be purchased at the Fly Rod Shop or online at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife website. Clients must have a valid fishing license on their person during their fishing trip.
- All Guides and Fly Rod Shop Staff have completed the COVID-19 training offered by the State of Vermont as well as First Aid/CPR certified.
- All programs will be privatized. No additional groups will be added to programs due to COVID-19 precautions.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain gear(if applicable)
- Insect repellant
At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency situation should arise.
- All equipment, gear and bait are provided by The Fly Rod Shop or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property