Family Gone Fishing
**Please Note-this is NOT a fly fishing program**
If you are looking for a fun SPIN fishing excursion for the whole family then you will love our Family Gone Fishing Program. On this 3 hour group fishing adventure our experienced guides will take you to our “Secret Fishin’ Hole” using The Fly Rod Shop transport van. Once we are at the secret spot it is a small walk along the river to get to our fishing location. On the walk out there is a good chance of seeing White-tailed Deer, Moose, and even the local Bald Eagle!
Before the fishing begins the guide will spend time going over the basics of spin fishing such as parts of the hook and rod, the equipment and bait being used, and how to stay safe while fishing. Then each person will be given their own rod provided by The Fly Rod Shop and everyone will spread out along the riverbank and start fishing! The fish that could be caught include: Smallmouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Pumpkinseeds, Brown Bullhead and Rainbow Trout. Our guides will be there with you every step of the way to teach you what exactly needs to be done in order to catch fish. Space is limited; advance registration required, so call now to reserve your spot!
|June 5th-Labor Day||Times|
|Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays||10:30am-1:30pm;|
|Saturdays and Sundays||Reservation Only 4 person minimum|
|Sept. 2nd-Oct 14th||Times|
|By Appointment Only-4 Person Minimum||By Appointment Only|
$49.00* / Person**
- *Vermont fishing license available but not included in the price. Guide/Instructor gratuity not included in price.
- ** An adult must accompany children under 14 years of age.
Group rates available upon request.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Water and snacks
- Rain gear
- Insect repellant
Tipping your guide:
Guiding is hard work. It’s our goal is to give you a safe, fun and educational experience that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve enjoyed your trip, tipping 15% -20% (or whatever you deem acceptable) is encouraged. Let them know how much fun you had!
At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency situation should arise.
- All equipment, gear and bait are provided as is transportation to our Secret Fishin’ Hole.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
- Costs do not include gratuities or a Vermont Fishing License. (A Vermont Fishing License is available for purchase at The Fly Rod Shop.)
The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 7 days of trip. We fish rain or shine. Occasionally, due to an unforeseen situation and/or safety concerns, we may cancel a trip. If this happens (and it’s rare it does) we will attempt to re-book with you on a date that is agreeable to both parties or refund your deposit.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.