Ice Fishing Tours
We can’t make it through the winter without fishing, so why not join us for a great winter experience? Try your luck with tip-ups and jigging for fish on some of Vermont’s most scenic lakes with our guided instructional ice fishing tours. Throughout the winter we target many different species of fish in many different bodies of water. These species include Northern Pike, Landlocked Salmon and Lake Trout. We will also pursue many other types of fish, including Brown and Rainbow Trout, Yellow Perch and many more. These will be targeted both by jigging and by the use of tip-ups. These trips are great for people who don’t even know what ice-fishing is, or for an experienced ice-fisherman who is visiting and doesn’t have any of their gear. This tour will consist of both tip-up fishing and jigging. We will show you our secret techniques to getting more fish on the ice both by jigging and use of tip-ups. Our trips take place from 9AM to 1PM and we head out once the ice has set in.
4 hours (1/2 Day)
Cost: $200.00 for 1 person, $49 for each additional up to 4**
Deposit: 50% of the cost of trip
Cost: $299 for 1 person, $75 for each additional up to 4**
**After exceeding 4 person add on, pricing structure starts over for additional guests and we provide a second guide**
- All Guides will be required to wear face covering and gloves at all times.
- All clients will be required to wear a face covering and gloves. Face coverings are for sale at the Fly Rod Shop if clients would like to purchase them before the trip. Vinyl Gloves (S, M, L, XL) will also be available for clients.
- Clients will be required to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver prior to the start of the program.
- All Fishing gear (boots, waders, fly rod, flies, etc.) are provided for fishing trips. All waders and boots are washed and cleaned after every use. Waders are sun dried as a precaution to COVID-19. Fly Rods will also be washed after each use.
- Clients are responsible for transportation to the Fly Rod Shop and to the fishing location. THE FLY ROD SHOP WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION.
- Clients are required to have a fishing license. Licenses can be purchased at the Fly Rod Shop or online at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife website. Clients must have a valid fishing license on their person during their fishing trip.
- All Guides and Fly Rod Shop Staff have completed the COVID-19 training offered by the State of Vermont as well as First Aid/CPR certified.
- All programs will be privatized. No additional groups will be added to programs due to COVID-19 precautions.
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Warm Boots-Preferably Waterproof
- Extra Gloves or Mittens
- Extra Socks
- Water and snacks
Tipping your guide:
Guiding is hard work. It’s our goal to give you a safe, fun and educational experience that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve enjoyed your trip, tipping 15% -20% (or whatever you deem acceptable) is encouraged. Let them know how much fun you had!
Life Preservers will be provided for each client. We strongly recommend the use of them as all of the guides do wear them. Having said that we will never go out on ice that we feel is unsafe and if we think there is even the slightest possibility of breaking through we will change locations. At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency situation should arise.
- All equipment, gear and bait are provided
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- Costs do not include gratuities or a Vermont Fishing License. (A Vermont Fishing License is available for purchase at the Fly Rod Shop or by clicking here.)
- The Fly Rod Shop does not provide transportation, it can be arranged however typically guests will follow us to the lake.
The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 7 days of trip. We fish rain or shine. Occasionally, due to an unforeseen situation and/or safety concerns, we may cancel a trip. If this happens (and it’s rare it does) we will attempt to re-book with you on a date that is agreeable to both parties or refund your deposit.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.