Dates: Spring 2016: April 8th, 9th and 10th
Fall 2016: October 28th, 29th, and 30th
Location: Tailwater Lodge, Altmar NY
Instructor: Bob Shannon & Michael Mauri
Class Size: 6
Cost: $699 per student
- Lodging is included in the price of the Steelhead University. Guests will be provided with accommodations at the Tailwater Lodge. The Tailwater Lodge provides anglers with modern amenities, comfort, and the convenience of staying on the river. Check out their link: Tailwater Lodge
- First night’s dinner included. Plus lunches on the second two days.
Call the Fly Rod Shop to reserve your spot now! 802-253-7346
The Fly Rod Shop’s Steelhead University is a three day program designed to teach anglers a variety of methods to catch Steelhead, and ultimately improve their own technique. Students will receive an evening of classroom instruction on the first day, followed by two days’ worth of expert ‘on the water’ instruction from Bob Shannon, and Michael Mauri. Bob has over 20 years’ experience guiding on Salmon River, and is recognized as one of the foremost authorities on fly fishing in the region. Michael Mauri is one of the world’s most respected experts on spey fishing. Bob will focus on techniques used to take Steelhead on a fly rod, such as nymphing, using strike indicators, swinging streamers, and skating dry flies. Michael Mauri will give instruction in spey casting, swinging spey flies, and detailed instruction in traditional spey techniques, Skagit, and Scandinavian techniques. The program will take place at the Tailwater Lodge. The Tailwater lodge is located in the town of Altmar NY. It is within walking distance to the lower and upper fly zones, and offers 2,000 feet of Private river access.
- Clients will need to bring weather appropriate clothing, such as winter hats, gloves, long underwear, thermal layers, polarized sunglasses, hand/feet warmers, NY State Fishing License.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- Costs do not include a New York Fishing License.
The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 30 days of trip. We fish rain or shine.
Limitation of Liability:
Neither the Fly Rod Shop nor it’s owner is liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.