Salmon & Steelhead Trips – Pulaski, NY
Drift boat fishing trips for trophy salmon, steelhead and brown trout in Pulaski, New York.
If targeting world class Salmon, Steelhead, and Brown Trout sounds appealing to you, then sign up for our fall and spring drift boat trips in Pulaski, New York on the Salmon River. Since the fishery began about 40 years ago, many state and world record fish have been pulled out of the Salmon River, and our guides Bob and Josh have over 20 years of experience of guiding in New York to show you exactly where to find the big fish!
The trips will include time fishing out of our Hyde Drift Boats, along with a few stops to get out and fish from the shore. Equipment can be provided, however please let upon the booking of the trip, The Fly Rod Shop will even help you book your lodging! These unforgettable trips are an experience that everyone needs to have, but the spots fill up fast so call The Fly Rod Shop to reserve your trip of a lifetime now! Check out our videos from trips in years past to see exactly what adventures you could be experiencing.
Book sooner than later! By the last week in January we are generally almost full for the spring dates and by late June we are usually fully booked for the fall!
Oct – Dec, 2020
March – April, 2020
|1 Full Day||50% cost of trip||$450* (2 people max.)|
|2 Full Days||50% cost of trip||
$849* (2 people max.)
***3 and 4 person wading trips can be accommodated- the price for 3 people is $510 and 4 is $560
*** Half Day Trips Available as well, $340 for half day wade or float up to 2 people***
*NY fishing license and lodging not included in the price.
- All Guides will be required to wear face covering and gloves at all times.
- All clients will be required to wear a face covering and gloves. Face coverings are for sale at the Fly Rod Shop if clients would like to purchase them before the trip. Vinyl Gloves (S, M, L, XL) will also be available for clients.
- Clients will be required to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver prior to the start of the program.
- All Fishing gear (boots, waders, fly rod, flies, etc.) are provided for fishing trips. All waders and boots are washed and cleaned after every use. Waders are sun dried as a precaution to COVID-19. Fly Rods will also be washed after each use.
- Clients are responsible for transportation to the Fly Rod Shop and to the fishing location. THE FLY ROD SHOP WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION.
- Clients are required to have a fishing license. Licenses can be purchased at the Fly Rod Shop or online at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife website. Clients must have a valid fishing license on their person during their fishing trip.
- All Guides and Fly Rod Shop Staff have completed the COVID-19 training offered by the State of Vermont as well as First Aid/CPR certified.
- All programs will be privatized. No additional groups will be added to programs due to COVID-19 precautions.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Water and snacks
- Rain gear
Tipping your guide:
Guiding is hard work. It’s our goal is to give you a safe, fun and educational experience that will leave you wanting more. If you’ve enjoyed your trip, tipping 15% -20% (or whatever you deem acceptable) is encouraged. Let them know how much fun you had!
At a minimum, all of our guides are basic first aid and CPR certified by the Red Cross. The guides are there to make necessary decisions to ensure everyone’s safety, and to help if an emergency situation should arise.
- Equipment can be provided, please let us know upon booking a trip.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited so book early.
- A New York State fishing license is required and is not included, these can be picked up at All Season Sports, Fat Nancy’s or one of the other tackle shops in Pulaski.
The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to cancel any trip and/or make changes to itineraries as deemed necessary. You can contact us any time to cancel your reservation, however your deposit is not refundable if within 7 days of trip. We fish rain or shine. Occasionally, due to an unforeseen situation and/or safety concerns, we may cancel a trip. If this happens (and it’s rare it does) we will attempt to re-book with you on a date that is agreeable to both parties or refund your deposit.
Limitation of Liability:
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained to participants or personal property.
- Due to fluctuating fuel costs and other factors, The Fly Rod Shop reserves the right to change guiding rates at any time.